If your ERISA benefits have been denied and you live in the Dallas area, you may not know what to do or who to turn to. ERISA law is very complex and few attorneys practice in this area. An experienced ERISA lawyer can help you file your claim, maximize your evidence and prevent you from making a mistake that could be fatal to your claim.
The insurance company took the premiums for your long-term disability insurance coverage for years. Now that you need benefits, the insurance company has denied your claim. The denial came even though you provided the company with all of the information necessary including medical records from your doctors showing you are disabled.
Do not allow the insurance company to lull you into thinking that it will help you get the benefits to which you are entitled. The insurance company has a conflict of interest based on the fact that it both determines whether a benefit claim should be paid and then has to pay that claim. This has a real potential to create an anti-claim bias with the claims personnel.
You did what the insurance company said to do but you were denied. You need an experienced ERISA long-term disability lawyer to help with your claim and appeal. The most important time to have a lawyer help you is during the administrative handling of your claim. If all of the necessary information is not put into the claim file, then a lawsuit against the insurance company probably cannot be won.
You need to retain an attorney to help you with your claim. The attorney’s qualifications you should consider include:
- The length of time he/she has practiced,
- The length of time he/she has handled a particular kind of claim,
- Whether he/she focuses on just ERISA long and short-term disability claims or other areas of law, and
- How many ERISA claims, appeal and lawsuits he/she has handled.
One other important qualification for your ERISA attorney is the ability to provide compassionate and empathic service. The insurance company may treat you as just another number, but you want your attorney to understand your anxiety and the stress put upon you by the insurance company.
Our qualifications are:
- We have over 56 years of combined experience,
- We have handled numerous ERISA claims, appeals and lawsuits,
- We focus on ERISA long term and short term disability claims/appeals.
- We do not handle any other benefit claims such as Social Security benefit claims or Veteran’s benefit claims,
- We do not handle personal injury claims or business claims, and
- We perform our services for a reasonable contingency fee. If we do not recover money for you, there is no charge.
In addition to knowing ERISA law and the insurance company tactics, we provide empathic help with adjusting to your situation.